Mar 13, 2006

organic landscapes

"Heaven and earth and I are of the same root,
The ten-thousand things and I are of the one substance."
Zen Master Sojo


Creating Organic Landscapes was my performance today. It happened to be a meditation.

Inspired by the idea: "to see a world in a grain of sand"

It turned to be much more difficult than I thought. The very first thing was to choose the surface on which I would put the landscapes. After many ideas, I decided for a semi-transparent surface. Then the choice of each "ingredient" - the form, the texture, the color, the weight, the smell, the spirit. After that the way of combine them. Those were the first things to take care. I just put everything in the table and let the spontaneity to lead my movements and choices. At first the landscapes were more geometric, more controlled, more full of elements. But as the time went by, I become part of the substance of each landscape. I felt more creative, more free. The landscapes became simpler. Me and them were one.

No comments: