Jun 27, 2007

NEW mobile narratives project: TRAJECTOS | PASSAGES

Since my last mobile narratives project while I was living in Philadelphia, a lot happened... You still can get the book of the previous project online. Currently I am living in Lisbon.

Answering an invite by C.E.M (an art center in Lisbon) I will be performing a new project called TRAJECTOS (in portuguese), PASSAGES (in english). The project is integrated in the transversal arts festival Pedras d'Água and it is about and in Lisbon downtown.

It is a quest about place and non-place. A psycho-active-geographic documentary made on the streets and online. A site specific work-in-progress diary. I'll apply the same quests in 2 different cities.

currently LISBON Downtown - 26th June to 15th July
next LONDON 22th July to August

synopsis #1 - Lisbon downtown
my passages through Lisbon downtown will be presented in person (on the streets) and online. Photography, video, street-actions, performances, a blog and a diary will be some of the means used for this project. Besides my own passages, I will create difuse and disperse performances / actions which will be integrated in daily life, things that suggest rest or things that act directly or subliminally with people passing through. Little surprises can happen. If someone gives you a flower on the street don't say no, if you see chairs and sun-umbrellas on the street or in a bus stop, just seat down, chill out, slow down.

context:
landscape harmony has been fragmented, that's not news! where before there was continuity and explicit causality, nowadays we have discontinuity, ruins, passages for opposition to fixed places. A place is experienced as a non-place. Movement and tiredness multiply themselves. Physical passages and electronic flanneury at the same time, reconfiguring our notion of space-time. Old traditional static social rules gives way to a permanent being in transit, in between. In a global world, cities are made for movement. How to stop? How to slow down? what about here? and now? where are we? what place is this? who am I in this place? who are you?

Being Lisbon my home town, I now discover it with new eyes, maybe I'll find some answers, maybe I'll get new questions, anyway what interests me is to be on the way.

This project is a work in progress and you can track my passages here. I'll be uploading in a daily basis. Keep in touch!

No comments: