Jul 8, 2007

trajectos | passages | day 9



THE INVISIBLE ART

Today is Sunday and I was not downtown. I didn't leave home the entire weekend. I'm working in another project. I am always working in many projects at the same time. Now revising my newest feature script. That's what I usually do: films. But now I start to do projects like this one. Diffuse and invisible, very hard to describe. I could call it digital low-budget art or a journal, a form to interrogate, to register, to construct actively in a daily basis; I could call it integrated art that uses tools available in modern life, like a computer with Internet connection and a few devices, like a digital camera, a MP3, maybe even less that that.

But what is more important to me is to be able to create in a daily basis with actual results. It's a question of attitude. I am used to long term projects. Each film takes me at least around 3 years. So, this daily practice it's an excellent healthy exercise. It places me into the world. The other day I read this amazing sentence by John Cage: YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE. I have been thinking a lot about that.

Creating through an active psycho-geographic method made me think again about the notion of quotidian and invisible art. Who says art has to be an object? The notion of 'action' appears first and more clearly that the one of 'art piece'. An action is something that exists without a name, a label, an explanation, it's like a gesture, a smile, a dance. This is for Sofia who's practicing this invisible art for years and even if it is invisible and many people can not see it, it does exist. I know it does! Art is now in the in between, it's the net, the connection, it's the way, o trajecto.

PS. the photo was taken in my house today. Each afternoon I'm amazed by the light reflexes filtered by the leaves moving with the wind, an invisible force that creates such unbelievable moving forms. I see entire universes on my wall.

No comments: