Jul 28, 2007

little notes from London














22 july
London has such a different pulse compared to Lisbon. There are millions of people, the entire world is here. Yesterday I walked in a street where for a few moments I only heard people speaking in Russian, after that I was in Morocco and Italy was right next to it. The bus driver can have a Bob Marley’s kind of hair and in the bank works a woman using a veil. In the afternoon, on the bus, a gentleman was wearing a tuxedo with a yellow rose in his pocket and at night, at 1am, the bus was more packed than in rush hour. There are many surprising visions and images. People look nice and they have attitude. The punk still survives... yes, difficult to look at all this and absorb everything, transitions are quick, diversity is amazing... and in the middle of all these languages and exotic faces, I find an incredible quietness. It is actually a good exercise; the gaze has to be fast and selective. Just to walk on the street is very inspiring. Many ideas come up. I stay with details, textures, sounds, some pictures as well…

Yesterday morning I had a meeting with Nick who's a musician and sound engineer. He has this project of setting up music studios in places where's any. He did the first one in Colombia and plans to do more in other parts of the world. I will be working on the video editing of a promo to get funding.















After that I was to South bank and saw a wonderful installation at BFI by Lynette Wallworth (Hold Vessel 2) and another one at Tate Modern called 'Global cities'. It was huge and I have to go back again.

No comments: